Furry Floozies

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

UFO's from Emma King's book


Here are 2 photos of some unfinished work from Emma King's 25 bags book. The first photo is of the Ocean Bag....it's quite flimsy so I will have to line it, but I might even include some timtex to make it even sturdier. As you can see I have the buttons, and some sequin trims that I will be adding to the bag. The second photo is of the Lemon Zest bag, which I have renamed the Key Lime bag...for several reasons, one is that the yarn is definitely NOT yellow...it's lime green, the other reason is that I finished the 2nd side while on vacation in the Florida Keys in April. I still have to sew this up, and line it too. I am going to attach some shells that I picked up on the beach while I was in the Keys to dress is up a bit. I loved working with Rowan's Kid Silk Haze...it is so fuzzy! I enjoyed the posts at Bag-A-Holic of someone who made these bags up using circular needles, rather than knitting the 2 sides together...it's a great idea for the next back that I make from this book. I have the yarn to work on the Raspberry Bobble bag.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Claudia said…

    hey! these are great! they remind me of the last Lopi tote that I made! I love the shape and my bag was made all in one piece and it's felted and really sturdy and strong! But I love the colors you chose! Great job!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Stacie said…

    Yeah, these are way cool. Yo are inspiring me to get going on a tote/purse that I want to make.

    I see you have some devoted feline help in these efforts! ;^) What a beauty.

    ~Stacie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home