Furry Floozies

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lizard Ridge Afghan Blocks





Lizard Ridge Afghan Blocks - set #1


First, a little background information:


The pattern for these squares can be found at: http://www.knitty.com/issuefall06/PATTlizardridge.html

and here is the link to the Leapin' Lizards Knit-A-Long:

http://fuzzynoodleknits.typepad.com/leapin_lizards/

I have fallen in love with this simple short-row pattern. The photos above are my 'first' blocks. Originally I wanted to find one colorway of Noro Kureyon so that I had a consistant color theme. Additionally I wanted to find a colorway with blues and greens....the colors of my living room. But, after knitting up a few samples, (photo on left) #170 - nice blues, but a sort of crazy orange, (photo in middle) #164 nice greens & a beautiful turquoise that pairs well with the color of my sofas and (photo on right) #188 - possibly my favorite with greens and purples, but not enough contrast in the greens to make this a useful choice. So, I decided to just use a bunch of different colorways and just KNIT!



1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Virtuous said…

    Love the purple & green one!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I would love to e-mail you with some questions.

    Mine is crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home