Furry Floozies

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wooly Thoughts



So, I haven't posted in a while, but not because I haven't been knitting. Actually I've been knitting and sewing. I'm just hesitant to continue to post UFO's. I need to make this weekend a 'finish weekend'. However I'm posting my work in progress for the Wooly Thoughts Cushion conglomeration Caper. Wooly Thoughts is a Yahoo group that I belong to, and we're doing a knit-a-long so-to-speak. The idea is to create a cushion cover approximately 18" square by making squares, triangles, etc with either 45, 90 or 135 degree angles. I was asked to design shape #3 which is the parallelogram...seen here attached to the square which was knit side-ways and the triangle. It's a true test of my math skills. The other challenge has been in picking up stitches which I've had to do each time I've added a shape. It's giving me great practice in this somewhat intimidating knitting skill. Upon looking at the shape as it is now, I realize that at some point I will have to do short rows...however, I've had lots of practice with that while knitting up some 30 lizard ridge afghan squares.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Pooch said…

    Looks great! Love the colors you chose! Hope you continue to post your progress. I'd love to see the completed cover.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home