Furry Floozies

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Diamond Chevron Scarf - start up for KAL


Here's the beginnings of my Diamond Chevron Scarf, designed by Iris Schreier and published in the September 2006 issue of Creative Knitting. Some of the gals at the multidirectional yahoo group are having a knit-a-long, so I thought I'd join in. This photo shows parts 1 and 2 completed, with about 3 rows of step 3 begun.
I have to comment that the instructions for this pattern are very clear. Your knitting will look odd, and some of it will not make sense right away, but if you follow the instructions exactly as they are written you will have success.
Although I have some of Iris's beautiful yarns in my stash, I did not have anything with a varigation, so I decided to use a yarn that I purchased at the Knit & Crochet Show called Gold Dust Lottery. I purchased it from Wool in the Woods, and the content of the yarn is 48% rayon, 44% cotton, 6 % nylon and 2% mylar. My second choice was a 100% silk from Cherry Tree Hill (shown to the right in the photo).

2 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Stacie said…

    Cynthia,
    Love that Cherry Tree Hill skein. That is gorgeous! And your scarf seems like it WOULD knit up oddly but that with faith, you'd find it turning out as intended. I admire your adventurous spirit!
    ~Stacie

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Claudia said…

    If I wasn't in the middle of making things for exchanges, I would have jumped into this KAL myself! I just bought some of Iris's yarn, and I'm dying to use it for something wonderful! I just might jump into this one a little late, but I'd love to see it finished up! It's beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home