Furry Floozies

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Pre-Felted Araucania Magallanes Bag


I finished knitting up this bag last night. It is pre-felted, so hence not finished...perhaps tonight I'll run the washer. This was made with Araucania Magallanes...just a bit over one skein was used. I also used some eyelash yarn to add a bit of pizazz. The top will ruffle, as I cast on 120 stitches, and then decreased to 80 stitches. At the bottom I switched to a smaller circular needle, and then started to decrease again, at the four corners. I'm hoping after it felts it will taper a bit toward the bottom. I ended with about 40 stitches, 20 stitches each side, plus 2 stitches on the sides and did a 3 needle bind-off. The bottom should felt flat.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Claudia said…

    This is SO pretty! Can't wait to see it felted! Can you please tell me where you found the pattern? Or did you design this yourself? I only recently did my first felted bag and I am so hooked! :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    What size is it pre-felting? And what size when it's finished?

    It's gorgeous! Wish we had AC Moore stores in Northern California.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    Have you felted it yet? I'm dying to see it (or is that dyeing? lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home