Furry Floozies

Monday, August 21, 2006

Kool Aid Dying




Just wanted to share my personal experience with Kool Aid dying. I used Knitpicks http://www.knitpicks.com Natural Bare Peruvian Wool Worsted. The wool was $3.49 for a 100 gram (approx 3.25 ounce) skein. The tutorial that I used can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/hzep9
I'm very, very pleased with the strawberry and yellow colorway that I did, but not especially pleased with the purple. I used 3 full packages of Grape Kool Aid, but I may decide to re-dye this wool with another 3 packages, just to intensify the color a bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Stacie said…

    I am fascinated by your KoolAid dyeing, which I hear so much about. I need to use some gorgeous yellow with a tinge of orange, the shade of a ripe peach inside or a mango, but strangely enough, no one wants to knit sweaters with that color yarn I guess, cause I ain't finding it! So I might get some natural bulky wool and try the yellow you have in your picture--what flavor KoolAid makes that shade of yellow?
    I love your chevron scarfs and hope that I will be courageous enough to try those next year. :^) I see myself making progress already, so it could happen!
    Happy Knitting,
    Stacie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home