Furry Floozies

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wrist Warmers & Scarf with Patons SWS



I knitted this wrist warmer - scarf set on my seven-hour car ride from Long Island to Syracuse, NY. I love the new Patons SWS yarn. It's a blend of wool and soy, and works really well on bamboo needles. The scarf was made using the pattern from the Pastiche 2 Scarf/Power from Berroco. The wrist warmers were made using Delia's pattern from the Irish Hiking Scarf Knit-a-long blog. I really enjoyed the pattern for the wrist warmers. They are worked flat, and then seamed on the side. The cable work is great for a beginner, because the cables are worked on the front, right side only.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger g-girl said…

    The scarf and wrist warmers look great! I saw that yarn when I was in Michael's a few weeks ago and was wondering how it'd knit up. :)

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I used Patons SWS to felt, but now I'm thinking that I need to make a scarf. And the wrist warmers look great! I think we used the same colorway too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home