Furry Floozies

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Berroco - New Yarns for Spring 2007


So, I have start-itis....I couldn't resist beginning this today. I ordered a few sample skeins of the new Berroco yarn Love It, and Nostalgia, and the Yin&Yang (Berroco booklet #262). Both yarns, and the book are 'new for Spring 2007' . Much more information can be obtained from the Berroco website. www.berroco.com
I absolutely LOVE Berroco yarn, and this Love It is great. It's a blend of 58% cotton, 38% acrylic and 4% polyester. It has just enough stretch to make working with it pleasant...and the stitch definition is very nice. I am making the asymetric jacket shown on the front cover. ( I have to order 7 more skeins of the brown that I'm working with.....although wouldn't a really thin stipe of turquoise or pink look nice going sideways on the right front piece??)
now, just a warning.....I'm working the right back piece first, and talk about lessons learned...I read thru the entire pattern...OHMYGOD, what a concept!...and what do you think I saw??? Those simple words "AT THE SAME TIME".....so you will see in my photo how anal I am in using the laptop to type out the pattern, and highlight it as I complete a row. I sure hope this will go easy. I've really struggled with poorly written patterns lately. (However, I have had a very minimal amount of trouble with Berroco's pattern instructions as a whole.)

On two side issues, I worked up the swatch for the Vivian Hoxboro Kimino that I'm making, and I have a question on the instructions regarding row 11 of the guage swatch. Seems that the instructions (as far as I'm reading them), and the chart do not match. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion from a knitting friend to see what she thinks.

And so, that brings me to the other side issue. I'm not much of a football fan, and I was happy to hear that my LYS is going to be having a Charity Knit-In tomorrow afternoon. We're participating in the Red Scarf project, and also knitted squares for blankets to donate. I plan on meeting up with Luisa and we'll go together, then grab a bite to eat afterwards. I wish I was able to get DIY network. Vickie Howell will be hosting a knit-in beginning at 5PM. I've been fortunate to get Knitty Gritty on HGTV, but I looked and HGTV has a different program scheduled for that 5PM time-slot. Tivo will catch anything "knit" related, so perhaps HGTV will air it at a different time.

That's all for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home